Fitness is a vital topic for everyone that is truly interested in their health. But with the present economic times, it’s not always easy to join a gym or purchase equipment for use at home.
This article serves to provide you with all the tips and advice you need for getting in shape on a budget and making your dream of being healthy and fit a reality.
How You Can Begin
Getting in Shape On a Budget
1. Exercise when you’re watching television. It doesn’t matter what you do, whether it’s running in place or doing situps, but exercising when you watch television is a great idea to get fit while watching your favorite shows. If you choose, you can only exercise during commercial breaks. This is ideal for someone who doesn’t like exercise very much.
2. Fool your body into thinking that it has lifted more weight than you actually have. You can do this by shifting your focus entirely to your dominate hand. This somehow causes a mentality that you are stronger and that you can lift more weight. Thinking that way can cause you to actually be able to lift more weight so that you can increase the benefits of your workout.
3. Spread your exercises over several small sessions during the day. With your busy schedule, you may have difficulty setting aside an hour to exercise. However, if you break that up into smaller sessions over the day, you will get the same benefit as a one long session. Even chores around the house can be made into a workout routine.
4. A great fitness tip for people who want to get better glutes is to simply walk up and down a flight of stairs. Walking up stairs are great for getting a nice toned rear end. Just be careful walking down as it can affect your knees.
5. In order to gain more muscle it is essential to eat some quality protein, such as lean meat, every single day. Make sure you get at least 4 to eight ounces. Avoid supplements; it is far better to get your protein in a tasty meal, and it’s cheaper doing it this way too.
6. Even something as simple as a ten minute walk can raise your spirits, relieve tension, and get your energy levels up. If you can’t walk during the day, take a friend along for an evening walk, and you can also burn calories from your dinner while you’re at it.
BONUS TIP: A light workout on the day after a heavy one will improve overall fitness. Over-exercising is poor fitness practice, but a very short, very gentle routine following a harder workout is beneficial. It improves blood and oxygen flow to the muscles that are recovering from the prior hard workout. This speeds the recovery process and improves overall results.
Each of us has some impression of our ideal selves, but although we may never have rock hard abs…
A commitment to fitness is truly giving yourself and your family, the gift of an extended life!
By applying the tips and advice from this article to your daily life, you will begin getting in shape… on a budget… and you will feel better in general.