How often have you heard or read that you should drink 8-10 eight ounce glasses of water every day and with that…
…how many times have you totally ignored, discounted and shunned the very THOUGHT of it?
You are NOT alone! There are many people who find it very cumbersome to drink water and especially THAT much water in one day. I know what that’s like as I was one of those people.
But I have found out how to get my daily intake of water in and not dread it each time and that’s what I will be sharing with you in this article!
Now first of all, let’s understand that rather than everyone drinking 8-10 glasses of water, we can pinpoint the amount that YOU should consume based on your weight.
You should actually be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day and I believe that if you implement the following tips you’ll be consuming more water before you know it!
So here we go…
Ways To Increase Your Daily Intake of Water… Even If You Hate Drinking It:
1. Eliminate all other beverages from your home for at least 7 days or longer. That way, when you get thirsty, there is nothing else to drink but water and…you are creating new “habit” for yourself of consuming only (or mainly) water!
2. Try different types of water and find your favorite. Some people find that they prefer the taste of certain types of water (spring, distilled, reverse osmosis, etc.) than others. Experiment with different ones and find the one(s) you like best!
3. Drink herbal tea, as the water definitely counts towards your water intake.
4. Drink this organic, metabolism-boosting, appetite-suppressing tea as a delicious, cold, refreshing, HEALTHY alternative to soda, fruit juices, and powdered drink mixes.
5. Make it a habit to drink a glass of water when you first wake up in the morning. I don’t know about you, but sometimes when I wake up my mouth is a bit dry and I’m thirsty. Before you consume any food or even drink (coffee, juice, etc.) go for a glass of water
6. Snack on raw or sea-salted nuts or other (healthy) thirst-causing foods and when thirsty, reach for water
7. Squeeze juice of lemon, lime or orange into your glass of water and if you desire it sweet, add a little agave nectar (or other natural, unbleached/unrefined sweetener)
8. Drink water before and then after each meal try to get out of the habit of drinking DURING your meal (it dilutes digestive juices and hinders good digestion anyway) and instead, have a glass before eating (will aid in suppressing your appetite so you don’t overeat) and then drink a glass of water AFTER your meal. You should be good and thirsty then!
9. Exercise and when thirsty, reach for water
10. Determine whether you prefer your water room temperature or cold! Many times people who find it intolerable to drink room temp water may find it easier to consume cold and vice-versa…perhaps you may find it easier to guzzle down water if it’s not too cold.
11. Consume lots of juicy fruits and vegetables such as oranges, melons, grapes, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, fresh whole coconut, etc. (Yes! The water contained in those fruits and veggies count!)
12. Use a 24 oz water bottle and refill it several times a day rather than trying to drink by the 8 oz. glassful
13. Make it a habit to drink a glass of water before going to bed at night
So those are some simple ways to increase your water intake!
Before long, you’ll find yourself drinking those “8-10 glasses a day” almost effortlessly and after a while, you may also find that you actually PREFER water to anything else!