Wondering how to lose weight in two weeks?
…Then please keep reading because what I’m about to share just might keep you from doing more harm than good! First thing to ask yourself is,
“WHY do I want or feel the need to lose weight in two weeks? Why TWO weeks?”
And your answer may be any one of the following reasons:
– A special event coming up (wedding, class reunion, etc.) and you want to look your best or…
– Perhaps there is an outfit that you want to get back into or…
– Maybe you are required to lose weight prior to a procedure or…
– Just because
But whatever the reason is…
…It is of the UTMOST importance that you do NOT attempt losing the weight rashly and in an unsafe, unhealthy manner, no matter how desperate you may be to shed those pounds or why.
If you do, you’re only setting yourself up for failure, disappointment, the possibility of gaining the weight all back (and THEN some) and potential health problems.
So don’t look for quick fix magic bullets, crash diets or starvation methods. Weight loss should be gradual…not more than 1-5 pounds per week on average and should not jeopardize your health in concept nor with unsafe ingredients.
Having said that, here are some tips that will show you how to lose weight in two weeks, safely:
1. Commit to it – If you are going to lose weight, the first thing you have to do is commit to the process! First, take a before picture. Then locate a photo, an item of clothing or something that you want to do once the weight is off that you can’t (or have a difficult time doing now) and post it on your wall, phone, mirror, fridge or wherever you’ll see it often. This way, when you start to get discouraged or feel like eating something you know won’t be conducive to your goals, you can get back focused and on track. Know your “why”…your reason for wanting to lose the weight and keep it at the forefront of your mind!
2. Set a reasonable goal for yourself – Remember what I said before…you want to lose the weight in a reasonable manner and anything more than 1-5 pounds per week can be potentially dangerous. So with that in mind, set a goal for yourself that is reachable and again, reasonable. If you need to lose more, then after the first two week period is over, re-commit to another two weeks!
3. Go shopping – It’s important that you eat the right types of food if you want to effectively lose weight. This means stocking up on fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains and healthy snacks such as unsalted (or sea-salted) nuts. You’ll also want good sources of LEAN protein be it animal-based or not. But preparation is key…make sure you have the GOOD stuff on hand!
4. Meal replacement – Replace 2 of your core meals (preferably breakfast and dinner) with a good, healthy meal replacement shake in order to get a good source of protein but without a lot of calories.
5. Exercise – You’ll definitely want to get your body moving in some manner by walking, dancing, or exercising at least 3 times a week.
6. Break up your meals – Eat 4-6 times a day and eat sensibly…do not eat a high amount of calories in one sitting…spread them out and do not go over your recommended amount of calories! For example:
Meal 1 – Breakfast: A healthy wellness shake or 2 scrambled eggs w/onions, green peppers, mushrooms (unlimited vegetables)
Meal 2 – Mid-Morning Snack: Raw vegetables, fruit or nuts
Meal 3 – Lunch: 1 grilled chicken breast (cubed) and 1/2 can black beans, with salsa rolled in a whole-wheat tortilla
Meal 4 – Midday Snack: Raw vegetables, fruit or nuts
Meal 5 – Dinner: Another healthy wellness shake or 6 oz. turkey burger on 1 slice whole grain toast with tomato; salad with lots of veggies; 1 cup of fresh strawberries
7. Watch the sugar…and other stuff! Lower your intake of sugar, unhealthy fats (keep the GOOD fats), table salt, highly-processed, refined grains and processed food; and again, replace with wholesome, healthier choices such as REAL butter, olive oil, nuts, avocado; sea salt (preferably Celtic sea salt); fresh, unprocessed, unrefined whole foods.
So there you have it! If you follow these guidelines, you will soon find that you no longer have to wonder how to lose weight in two weeks because you’ll already KNOW exactly what you need to do and not do!
If you need assistance, consider taking the 10-Day Challenge where I work with you personally to help you lose weight and feel great! Click here to find out more or to join me today!
Cherie King - Your Wellness AdvocateThanks for stopping by and reading my blog!
If you like the article you just read and would like to be
notified when NEW stuff is posted, click here for updates!