It’s that time again!
Time to indulge in all that delicious holiday fare you and/or others cook up.
How many (food-related) holidays are coming up… three?
Yeah, about three of ’em – Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for some… bringing in the New Year means enjoying certain special foods as well.
But you’re trying to stay (or get) on track with your goals and therefore wonder…
How can I stay fit through the holidays & STILL enjoy my food?
Now be honest…
Most likely, you don’t want some ‘ole watered down, bland, fake versions of your favorite dishes. Nor are you trying to limit your food intake on those special days.
Naw, you wanna THROW DOWN!
Am I right?
And guess what? You can! Just do what my Personal Trainer Friend suggested to me…
EARN that shit!
If you’d prefer listening over reading, click and watch the video below. Otherwise, keep reading.
Basically, if you want to stay fit and on the right track, then start NOW by foregoing all the foods that, you know deep down inside, are a hinderance to your weight or fat loss; knowing that when the holiday comes, you’re going to go for the gusto!
Some of the things you can do to stay fit BEFORE the holidays are:
- Work out 3-4 times a week with a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine.
- Eliminate or at least greatly reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates (high in sugar and low in fiber)
- Increase your intake of protein, fat (yes FAT), and complex carbs (high in fiber and low in sugar)
This way, once the holidays came, I could actually ENJOY my food!
Here are a few more tips to help you both during & after the holidays:
- On the actual holiday day, WORK OUT that morning!
- Start the day out with a healthy drink such as a smoothie or meal replacement shake for breakfast
- Try to eat as healthfully as possible up until the time you’re ready to get your grub on
- Enjoy your food GUILT-FREE!
Then the days to follow (left-overs)…
- Don’t feel the need to eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! Plan and choose if you’re gonna eat them for for one meal or the other.
- Stay on track with your workouts
- Limit your eating of the leftovers by doing things to ensure that you eat smaller portions this time when you DO sit down to a plate of them. Remember, you pigged out the day before, so now, be more discretionary.
A few ways to eat less: drink a glass or two of water before you eat or, have a small salad as an appetizer before you eat. That way, you won’t feel the urge to overeat.
And naturally, once the leftovers are gone, then it’s time to get right back on point with your eating and cut out the stuff that will either hinder or drive you further away from your fitness goals!
I hope you enjoyed this information and found it helpful. If you did, share it with others – tweet it, like & share it, pin it, all that good stuff! Thanks, I appreciate you!