Alright, it’s that time again…
Time to indulge in all the holiday fare that you and/or others cook up.
And how many (food-related) holidays are coming up… three?
Yeah, about three of ’em – Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for many; bringing in the New Year brings about certain foods as well.
You WANT to stay (or get) on track with your goals, but you are also wondering…
How To Stay Fit Through The Holidays & STILL Enjoy Your Food
Now let’s just keep it real….
More than likely you are NOT necessarily looking to convert your favorite dishes to healthy ones (although you surely CAN do that and they’d still be delicious) nor are you trying to limit your food intake on those special days.
Nope, you wanna throw DOWN, right?
Well, you can do what my Personal Trainer Friend suggested to ME one year… EARN it!
What does that mean?
Hey! Would you prefer to actually SEE & HEAR me share this information as opposed to reading it? If so, I got you! Simply press “play” and watch the video below!
Basically, if you want to stay fit and on the right track, then start NOW by foregoing all the foods that, you know deep down inside, are a hinderance to your weight or fat loss; knowing that when the holiday comes, you’re going to go for the gusto!
Some of the things you can do to stay fit BEFORE the holidays are:
- Work out 3-4 times a week with a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine.
- Eliminate or at least greatly reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates (high in sugar and low in fiber)
- Increase your intake of protein, fat (yes FAT), and complex carbs (high in fiber and low in sugar)
And here are a few more tips to help you stay fit and/or lose weight DURING & AFTER the holidays:
- On the actual holiday day, WORK OUT that morning!
- Start the day out with a healthy drink such as a smoothie or meal replacement shake for breakfast
- Try to eat as healthfully as possible up until the time you’re ready to get your grub on
- Enjoy your food GUILT-FREE!
Then the next day and the days after (left-over time)…
- Don’t feel the need to eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! Plan and choose if you’re gonna eat them for for one meal or the other.
- Stay on track with your workouts
- Limit your eating of the leftovers by doing things to ensure that you eat smaller portions this time when you DO sit down to a plate of them. Remember, you pigged out the day before, so now, be more discretionary.
A few things to do in order to eat less during those after-holiday days are: drink a glass or two of water before you eat or, have a small salad as an appetizer before you eat. That way, you won’t feel the urge to overeat.
And naturally, once the leftovers are gone, then it’s time to get right back on point with your eating and cut out the stuff that will either hinder or drive you further away from your fitness goals!
I hope you enjoyed this information and found it helpful and if so, please be kind enough to share it with others via your social networks! You know – tweet it, like & share it, pin it, and all that good stuff! Thanks, I appreciate you!
Here Are A Few More Holiday Tips You May Enjoy!
Cherie King - Your Wellness AdvocateThanks for stopping by and reading my blog!
If you like the article you just read and would like to be
notified when NEW stuff is posted, click here for updates!
P.S. You know that CONSTANT struggle you have with your weight? Well guess what?
There's a really good chance that IT MAY NOT BE YOUR FAULT! Click here to find out why.